• 363 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2447 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion 1 Vs Everyone

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Dust, Apr 21, 2019.

?

Want this game up or want some tweaks of the game?

1. I want this game.

2. I'd give some tweaks.

3. I don't like this game at al.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. I don't know how to call this game, but it could be instead of using Zombies or other mobs for survival it would be best to make the players the hunters against one, it would be pretty much be the opposite of what the Zombie Survival or Death Tag does. Of course 1 against a lot of people would be overwhelming and would result on a loss, but the solo player who is alone has the best armor and weapon of the game, some golden apples, a bow. This game would have a medium or big map, since is about survival and the player's skills of fighting, it can consist also mixed with Survival Games, the player can go searching in the chest for blocks or even arrows or some golden apples too. With that said for the solo player, I'm gonna talk about the rest of the people, they're gonna have leather armor with a stone sword, or maybe wooden sword, I don't know which is best the won't have bows but instead they'll have Ender Pearls to chase faster the solo player. In this role, the players can choose a variety of classes, like Archer, Swordsman, or Rogue. Each class will have their own abilities, Swordsman will have the highest powerful sword of all the players, of the exclusion of the solo player of course, this class will have iron sword, but with the cost of some armor loss, it will have only an iron chest-plate and a chain-mail helmet. The archer will have no armor, instead it will have a Powerful Bow with Power 2 and Punch 4 or 3, the Archer may have an ability to keep the distance from the solo player since is the most weakest of all. Then for the last we have Rogue that will only have diamond boots, chain-mail chest-plate and leather cap, this will have speed 2. Although for me I try to keep this game as vanilla as possible but if you guys have a better and enjoyable tweaks that you could make to this game I'm up for it. By the way, the game itself doesn't have a name I just name it like that to make it more obvious of what I mean but I don't know what game I can give it. And last but not least the time of the game could be 25 minutes or 15 minutes I don't think it needs lower than that otherwise the solo player would win all the time easily, I would give enough time for the players to kill if they can the solo player, so the solo player only relies on their survival skills.

- Herobrine_2143

Posted Apr 21, 2019
  2. This sounds like a fun game! I don't think the players should have jumbled up armor. I say there should be two classes: the solo players and the hunters.

The solo player would get full diamond armor and a Sharpness I Diamond Sword, 16 Golden Apples, Infinity Bow (Unbreaking), and 1 Arrow. They would be called the Vigilante and doesn't get a respawn.

The other players (how many players in total, by the way?) would be called the Hunters. They each get full leather armor and a Wooden Sword. They get infinite respawns away from the Vigilante spawn.

I could see this as a NANO Game lasting 3 minutes, and with the number of players the NANO can hold, it would be a fun game.

Overall, this seems like a great game and I'm excited to see how this develops! +1

Posted Apr 25, 2019
  3. I w
    I would say it could be of 40 players (1 solo vs 39 players) but is up for the public to decide it since I'm not sure what could be best, so this is kinda of an open thread for new ideas to add up or little tweaks.
    Thanks for the feedback!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 25, 2019
  4. If it were 40 players then the game would literally end in 40 seconds or less.

Posted Apr 25, 2019
  5. I think a good name for it would be "Boss Battle."

I like this game idea a lot, but as said above 1v40 would be way too quick, so I'd suggest a 1v5 system where the games would be able to last in a normal mini-game time frame (~5 minutes). Obviously testing would need to occur to make sure everything is balanced, but I think with a 1v5 system games would always be filled, and everyone would eventually have the opportunity to be the boss.

Posted Apr 25, 2019
    Dust and az4 like this.
  6. Hey!
    I think this would be a fun gamemode, I would love to see some addition of this added onto Mineplex for sure.

Posted Apr 25, 2019
    Dust likes this.
  7. I know you said you want to keep the game vanilla-like but can you explain more of the logistics of gameplay? You gave some good info, but it was all very general and subjective.

Posted Apr 25, 2019
  8. Hmm what I'm thinking is making the map big, I don't intend to have a small map, with that it would literally end at 40 seconds, what I'm planning is make it a big map just like SG maps or as big as cakewars maps (Not just island just the size of the map) or even use Champion's maps sizes.
    --- Post updated ---
    That's a good one! What I have now come up with would be Overlord Vs Lords or instead of Lords use Players
    --- Post updated ---
    Well bud, I left it at that because is an "open-source" idea, everyone can modify it, is open to new ideas, but like I said at first, I do want to keep as vanilla as possible but if you guys come up with some good features you can add to this game to, then I'm all ears. (Or eyes)

I'm not really a good creative person so I'm not good at deciding how the whole game could of been done, but I do come up with some other tweaks that I might post on this thread by editing it.

What I mainly focus is just making the game look more into how skilled you are in survival, just like any apocalypse Zombie focuses on how well you do surviving against the zombies so this one instead of zombies would be players, so what I said was making the solo have the best vanilla gear in the game, but it could also go beyond that by commands or scripts by the developers.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 26, 2019
  9. The couldn't everyone just fang up on them easily and still win the game fairly quickly.

Posted Apr 26, 2019
  10. Now that I think about it you just gave me an idea, I can't tell if the developers can do this but why not make it so the players with high rank have just 47% chance to get Overlord or Boss and the rest of the people who have lower than 45 maybe would have 53% chance to get Overlord or Boss
    --- Post updated ---
    Ok so what about 10 players? (1 Vs 9)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 26, 2019
    Jaekub likes this.
  11. From my understanding, this is basically one "OP" player vs 5-10 "normal" players? If that's so, this is basically the "Kill the king" alteration thing we did sometimes in events. Basically, we'd choose a king or queen, gear 'em up, and players would try to kill them (in an SG map). If this were to become a game, it would be an interesting mode for survival games and having it be automatic versus the events team doing everything, lol.
    Perhaps alterations with different numbers too, like teamsv(number).

Posted Apr 26, 2019
    Dust likes this.
  12. Oh well, I'm not that active in the community nor in the server so I didn't even know that this would be an alternation or something similar that you already made before, I just thought of this idea when thinking of Zombie Apocalypse (Literally the idea came playing a modpack of it) So that's why I started to make this a thread since when playing nano games I saw that you guys accepted new suggestions or requests so I made this one. But like I said before, this is more for open ideas, I didn't even master the main object of this game I'm not fully creative nor fully locking this idea, I plan on giving the other players who may see this thread to give this some tweaks if they want to. Thanks for telling me tho!
    --- Post updated ---
    Regarding this I could add up to make it like an RPG feeling, people will have to battle first some levels/floors in order to reach to the boss battle, now that he gave me the idea, either we could make it that the boss sends out the mobs, or just by the system and he just waits, although I think it would be boresome to be waiting until the people arrive so I think sending them would be the best option. I also know some commands to make the armor way overpowered than the vanilla game, without enchantments if the developers let me have the word of course.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 10, 2019