Excessive Bumping 1 point
General Rudeness 1 - 2 points
Mini Mod 1 point
Necro Posting 1 point
Unapproved Discussion 1 point
Reverse Staff Action 2 points
In case of threads this rule may also apply if the thread is locked for any definitive and permanent reason meaning to end discussion, including but not limited to violation of forum rules, at the discretion of forum staff. In such cases approval from a member of the Forums team will be required prior to reposting.
Should your thread be an idea not locked with the aforementioned reasoning, but rather simply being rejected as an idea, you may change/rewrite your idea in a way to potentially make it feasible and repost it as a new ideas thread.
Spam/Troll Application 2 points
Spamming 2 points
This can specifically include responding to a large amount of threads with short, unhelpful messages that do not add to the thread within a small time frame, in such cases the rule will be enforced on a case-by-case basis.
Trolling 2 points
Inappropriate Links 3 points
Inappropriate Posts/Threads 3 points
Inappropriate Images/Videos/Channels 3 points
Disrespect 4 points
Giveaway Rules Violation4 points
Light Advertisement 4 points
Plagiarize 4 points
Slander 4 points
Spread Hate / Harassment 4 points
Unapproved Transaction 4 points
Discrimination 6 points
Advertisement 8 points
Inappropriate User Content 8 points
Malicious Threats and Activities / Revealing Personal Information 8 points
Screamer/Pornography/Spam bot 8 points
Custom Warning 1 - 8 points
Thread lock/archive reasons:
- The OP has deleted the original post.
- The OP or staff member has requested a thread lock.
- The thread has been necro-posted on.
- The question/concern has been addressed.
- The OP breaks major forums rules; archive if OP is banned from that thread or if the thread is not fit for public viewing.
- The thread has turned into a flamewar.
- The thread contains hate on staff/community member/Mineplex written in a way that is not constructive or in a positive manner.
- Threads that are about "I quit" or "I'm leaving".
- Threads that are directly attacking or criticising staff including but not limited to calling staff corrupt.
- Threads which are not titled appropriately (click-bait).
- Threads which are in violation of the forums guidelines.
- Threads containing topics that have been brought up and discussed repeatedly.
- Any other threads that the forums staff deemed unnecessary or unfit for public viewing.
- Threads that do not encourage (constructive, healthy) discussion within the community (as determined by the Forum Moderation team).
Be kind to everyone
Do not call people names or try to bring someone down. If you think someone has done something wrong, you are allowed to say what they did and why you think it's wrong in a positive and kind manner. Be the type of person you would want to encounter here. If you wouldn't want to be on the receiving-end of a comment, then don't say it.
Do not make pointless threads/posts
If the post/thread that you are about to write won't contribute in a positive way to the community but would only bring hate, then don't waste your time on it. Instead, try to contribute to the positive changes which you'd like to see happen.
Title threads appropriately
The title of your thread should be a summary of the content of it. Any thread that has a misleading title will result in a thread lock. If you have feedback on something you don't like, don't bring hate to the title. Instead of "The New Update Sucks!!", title it something like "Feedback on recent changes".
Do not generalize
If a Trainee does something bad and you want to report it, say "a Trainee named John54 is abusing their power". Do not say "Mineplex staff are abusing their power". This is extremely offensive to the hard working staff that follow the rules. If you encounter abusive staff members, submit proof through a Support Ticket so that we can make sure the situation is dealt with. This applies to all negative generalization.
Be constructive and positive
Your goal should always be to make Mineplex a better place. If you have some feedback/criticism, you MUST think about how the problem could be solved, and post some suggestions on what you think we could do. All criticism MUST be accompanied by constructive suggestions on how it could be fixed/improved. Keep in mind that criticizing an idea is not the same as attacking someone's person. You can be honest and say you don't agree with someone's idea, but just make sure that you're actually offering criticism and not falling into "ad hominem".
Constructive criticism is the process of offering valid and well-reasoned opinions about the work of others, usually involving both positive and negative comments, in a friendly manner rather than an oppositional one. Constructive criticism should not defame anyone or hurt anyone's feelings.
Do not spread hate
If you don't like something that has happened, please post it in a mature fashion. Do not make threads trying to convince other people of how terrible something/someone is. Do not write long paragraphs about how much you hate something/someone. Your goal should be getting problems solved in a fashion which is as efficient as possible. It shouldn't be to see how much attention you can get, or how many people you can get to rally behind your cause. Please help us in creating an atmosphere where problems can be dealt with quickly, efficiently, and without added drama or hostility.
Do not be involved in drama
Drama will likely happen every once in a while. And when that happens, people tend to join in on the discussion and give their opinions on the subject. Don't! It's simply none of your business to be involved in those dramas and it is likely to bring you punishments too. When you notice something is not right, simply send a Private Message to one of the forums staff or admins. Let the staff resolve the issue.
Approved Links (For Mineplex Website)
- Official Websites: Minecraft, Mojang, Optifine, Microsoft, Apple, Nvidia, AMD and more
- Official Games related: Nintendo, XBox, PlayStation, Pokemon, Overwatch and more
- Search Engines and Sub-Services (e.g. Google Docs): Google, Bing, Yahoo
- Image Sharing: mp-su, imgur, gyazo, prntscr, puush, and more
- Official Download Websites: Anti-Virus related, Approved Mods, TeamSpeak, Discord, Fraps, OBS, XSplit, Mirillis Action, Overwolf
- Social Media: Twitter, Facebook, YouTube
- Stream Services: Twitch, Mixer (must be Mineplex related streams if posted on the forums)
- General Websites: dictionary related, wikipedia/wikia, planetminecraft, and any educational related website
- Miscellaneous: namemc.com, frozor.io, strawpoll.me
- All contents must be appropriate and in accordance with the Mineplex Website Rules. If you are unsure of something, ask a forums staff first.
It is important to note that unapproved links will in most cases be filtered on the forum automatically. You may not bypass this filter or attempt to circumvent it in any way (e.g. by using a redirect through an allowed website). Attempting to do so will lead to appropriately severe punishment for attempting to circumvent the rules.
If you believe a link that should be allowed on the Forum is being filtered, contact a Forum Moderator or Forum Ninja.
Unapproved Links (For Mineplex Website)
- Any website with the purpose for scamming or phishing
- Any website with pornographic content
- Any shock website such as screamer
- Any website that offers free or paid Minecraft accounts, capes other than official shops
- Any IP logger website
- Any website that contains illegal downloads, downloads that aren't approved, or illegal contents such as DOX
- Any shortened URL. (Require forums staff approval first or don't shorten it)
- Discord invite links not explicitly approved by us within the main forums. (These are allowed through private messaging or on personal profiles).
- If an approved link contains inappropriate contents, it will be considered as unapproved link and user will be punished accordingly. If you are unsure of something, ask a forums staff first.