Today, we're releasing Clans Season 5.5. Focused around creating the experience that was meant to be enjoyed in Season 5, this should iron out the vast majority of major glitches in the game to pave the way for easier gameplay changes and new content farther down the line.
After having a poor experience with Season 5, we over at the Clans team are very excited to make things right and get this out there for you all to play. That all said, let's get into the changelog.
Just a quick note before we really get into this, the issue which caused the gold duplication glitch (the "friends glitch") was patched a while back and is not a part of this update. The gold duplication glitch should be fixed simply because there are no longer any glitched ingots floating around to be used.
- Fixed an issue allowing players to phase through blocks in flowing water by using GUIs ("/stats glitch")
- Players can no longer place ladders in spaces their hitboxes already occupy, fixing an issue allowing players to phase through roofs of claimed territory
- Fixed an issue with Arctic Armor allowing players to phase through blocks next to water
- Players can no longer use abilities in water while on the edge of the water block
- Ladders can no longer be placed inside world boss arenas
- Barbed arrows now returns a player's hunger after its effects conclude
- Fixed an issue where ender chests at Undead Cities were unbreakable
- Ender chests at Undead Cities will no longer drop stone blocks
- Undead Warriors/Archers will no longer have infinite health at Undead Cities
Changes to existing content:
- Added Undead Cities back to the world event pool
- Day and night cycle has returned to Clans
- Natural hostile mob spawning has returned to Clans
- Added illusion and smoke bomb to Assassin
With this season and attempting to create the smoothest experience for Clans that we've ever had, we also want to work on cutting down some of the toxicity that our game is unfortunately known for. For that reason, we have the following updates:
- Abusive behavior now warrants a 1-day blacklist
- Discrimination now warrants a 7-day blacklist (30 days for repeat offenses)
Moving forward, having a smooth experience with 5.5 will give us a sturdy base to build upon, which we haven't had in some time. As always, we'd love to see your feedback for this season and the game in general. With that all being said, we can't wait to enjoy this adventure of Clans with all of you!
-The Mineplex Clans Management Team